Several companies and individuals are offering freebies to help pass the time in isolation. Here are some of my favorites. Got any others?
- Blues guitar lessons – 5 lessons over 5 days with a helpful PDF and backing tracks
- BitGym – great little app for the treadmill or stationary bike. Pick a beautiful hiking trail and walk it on screen.
- Logic Pro X (Apple’s professional music editing software) – free 90 day trial
- VidAngel – filter for Amazon and Netflix, perfect for The Tiger King without all the swears.
- Audible – a plethora of free audiobooks in a variety of languages, mostly classics and kids titles. (Doesn’t work in the Audible app, only in a browser.) Includes the Stephen Fry (UK) version of Harry Potter.
- Starcraft video game – this has been free for a while, but I just found out about it.
- Ink Cards – they’ll print up a postcard and mail it for you – you can even add a signature with your finger on your phone. First one free, $2 each after that.
- Kindle books – these ones are free even without a Prime membership.
- Library – check your local library website. Mine has free MP3s, Lynda.com lessons, eBooks and Audiobooks through Overdrive, etc.